The AGAF Instructional and Recreational Volleyball League
The AGAF Volleyball League in partnership with the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Scottsdale (BGCS) fills a gap between expensive club volleyball programs and intense tryout competition for school and club volleyball teams.
AGAF provides girls the opportunity to learn the sport of volleyball regardless of playing experience, income, and athletic ability.
League Age Brackets
- Ages 7 – 9 | Ages 10 – 13 | Ages 14 – 18 (can be 19 if still in high school)
- Players may play up in age division based on skill, but players may not play down.
- June volleyball camps (no summer season)
- Introduce girls ages 7 through age 18 to the sport of volleyball in the proper and correct manner.
- Teach girls the skills required to play the game correctly – fundamental skills such as passing, setting, hitting, and serving.
- Teach girls proper sportsmanship attitudes and behaviors.
- Help girls to find their inner character strengths and their outer physical strengths.
- Help girls become more confident in their athletic abilities.
- Provide players with the required skills so girls may try out for their junior high, high school, or club teams with confidence.
League Benefits and Advantages
- All girls ages 7 through age 18 (can be 19 if still in high school) may play regardless of their playing experience, athletic abilities, or financial abilities (space permitting).
- Each AGAF volleyball team receives one (1) full hour of indoor practice time on a regulation volleyball court at a BGCS gym (Vestar or Thunderbirds branch).
- AGAF provides all of the volleyball equipment: net systems (poles, pads, nets, antennas), volleyballs, ball carts, and kneepads.
- All volunteer coaches have the opportunity to receive training from AGAF staff in order to manage expectations for age and skill levels.
- All coaches must sign and adhere to an official league “Coaches Code of Conduct” and must pass a background check before they may be on the court with any players.
- AGAF is the only noncompetitive program for girls over age 15.
- Free season volleyball skill clinics open to the public.
- Each season culminates with a tournament at no additional cost.
- Professional and ethical league management to ensure that players receive the most positive playing experience possible.
- “AGAF Serve It Forward” scholarship program for players who need financial assistance.
- Three (3) seasons per year: Fall, Winter and Spring.
- Free volleyball clinic open to the public prior to the start of each season.
- Parent and coaches meetings prior to each season.
- Each season is 9 weeks: 9 indoor practices, 8 matches, and an end of season tournament for the 9th match (may play more than 9 matches).
- Weeknight indoor practices at either the Vestar or Thunderbirds BGCS.
- Saturday match play and tournaments at the Thunderbirds BGCS.
- June volleyball camps for all age divisions.
League Program, Registration, and Schedule Information
Visit the AGAF Volleyball League online at www.AGAFvolleyball.org
League Contact Information
For more information visit www.AGAFvolleyball.org or call 480-699-0227.