Girls Need a Place and a Way to Play Sports Regardless of Their Athletic and Financial Abilities
The AGAF Instructional and Recreational Volleyball League is for girls ages 7 through age 18 and provides girls this very opportunity. The AGAF Serve It Forward Scholarship Program provides financial aid to cover registration fees for those families in need. Prior playing experience is never required in AGAF’s instructional and recreational programs. AGAF also provides all volleyball equipment (nets systems), volleyballs, first aid supplies, and kneepads for players that need them.
The AGAF Volleyball League Serve It Forward Scholarship Program
From September 2011 through December 2015, The AGAF Serve It Forward Scholarship Program has provided 151 scholarships for over $19,500 to cover League registration fees for families in need.
Help us reach our goal of $25,000
by donating to AGAF today!
Did You Know That Girls Who Participate In Sports Are:
- More likely to go to graduate from college.
- Less likely to abuse drugs.
- Have more confidence and self-esteem than non-athletes.
- Score higher on tests designed to measure positive body image.
- More likely to leave an abusive relationship.
- At reduced risk of obesity, osteoporosis, cancer, and heart disease.
- More likely to succeed in the workplace and obtain higher career positions.
But Did You Know That:
- 1 out of 3 kids in Arizona are considered obese.
- Many families do not have the financial resources to pay for athletic programs.
- There is intense competition for girls to make their middle or high school sports teams.
- Most girls recreational sports programs end at age 15.
- 50% of sports participants drop out by the time they reach early adolescence.
Please Donate to The Arizona Girls’ Athletic Foundation:
You can also mail us a check payable to:
The Arizona Girls’ Athletic Foundation
21001 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 1630-74
Phoenix, AZ 85050
The Arizona Girls’ Athletic Foundation (AGAF) is a nonprofit, 501 (C) (3) public charity (EIN #45-2655521) providing girls the opportunity to participate in sports programs regardless of their athletic or financial abilities. AGAF wants to help girls discover their inner and outer strengths so they may grow into confident and successful young women.
Thank you for your support of The Arizona Girls’ Athletic Foundation and helping us fulfill our mission by helping girls find their strength through sports.
President and CEO