Please join us for our FREE program!
February 18th – 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Thunderbirds Boys & Girls Club of Greater Scottsdale
All middle and high school girls and their families are welcome.
Teen Dating Violence (DV) Prevention and Awareness Month is a national effort to raise awareness about abuse in teen and young adult relationships and promote programs to help young women and men establish healthy relationships.
- What is teen dating violence?
- Who is at risk for teen dating violence?
- Why is dating violence a public health problem?
- How does dating violence affect health?
- How can we prevent teen dating violence?
Did You Know:
“Dating violence is more common than many people think. One in three teens in the U.S. will experience physical, sexual or emotional abuse by someone they are in a relationship with before they become adults. We need your help to spread awareness about dating abuse and let everyone know they deserve a safe and healthy relationship.” – www.LoveIsRespect.org
- 1 in 10 high school students have been purposely hit by a boyfriend/girlfriend.
- 1 in 4 high school girls are the victims of physical or sexual abuse.
- 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime.
- Violent behavior typically begins between 12-18 years of age.
- Only 33% of teens actually report abuse.
- 81% of parents don’t believe that teen dating violence is an issue.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale Thunderbirds Branch
20199 N. 78th Place, Scottsdale, AZ 85255