The Arizona Girls’ Athletic Foundation (AGAF) is a nonprofit, 501 (C) (3) public charity that provides girls ages 7-18 in the Phoenix metro-area the opportunity to participate in sports programs regardless of their athletic or financial abilities. AGAF wants to help girls discover their inner and outer strengths so they may grow into confident and successful young women.
- Less likely to drop out of high school.
- More likely to go to graduate from college.
- Less likely to abuse drugs.
- Have more confidence and self-esteem than non-athletes.
- Score higher on tests designed to gauge positive body image.
- Less likely to suffer from depression.
- More likely to leave an abusive relationship.
- At reduced risk of illnesses such as obesity, osteoporosis, cancer, and heart disease.
- More likely to succeed in the workplace, as sports teach girls life skills such as teamwork, goal-setting, pursuit of excellence in performance and other achievement-oriented behaviors.